National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Oversight
David Strickland testified on he National Highway Traffic Safety Administrator (NHTSA) handling of Toyota car recalls. The… read more
David Strickland testified on he National Highway Traffic Safety Administrator (NHTSA) handling of Toyota car recalls. The subcommittee also heard from car industry and safety association officials.
Mr. Strickland in his testimony said a recently released Transportation Department report shows the number of overall traffic fatalities reported at the end of 2009 (33,963) reached its lowest level since 1954. Questions to him focused on NHTSA’s handling of Toyota recalls, its past meeting with Toyota officials, and its former officials now working for Toyota. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- John D. Dingell Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
- Ami Gadhia Counsel Consumers Union->Policy
- Edward J. Markey U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- Dave McCurdy President Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- Bobby Rush U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- Janice "Jan" Schakowsky U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- Clifford "Cliff" Stearns U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- David L. Strickland Administrator National Highway Traffic Safety Admin.
- Betty Sutton U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Edward "Ed" Whitfield U.S. Representative [R] Kentucky
Federal Oversight of Car Safety Standards
Former National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) administrators, automobile industry executives, and a…
Toyota Recalls and Vehicle Safety, Strickland Testimony
David Strickland testified at a hearing on consumer complaints about sudden acceleration in Toyota vehicles and the…
Truck Driver Safety
Witnesses testified about truck driver fatigue and truck safety. The focus was on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety…
Vehicle Crash Tests
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration held a public meeting to review new ways to conduct vehicle crash…