Representative Bart Stupak on Abortion Language in Health Care Bill
Representative Stupak and other House Democratic members spoke to reporters about their decision to vote for health care reform legislation… read more
Representative Stupak and other House Democratic members spoke to reporters about their decision to vote for health care reform legislation after President Obama agreed to sign an Executive Order specifying that federal funds would not be used for abortion under the new health care policy. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carney, Christopher "Chris" P. U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Dahlkemper, Kathleen "Kathy" A. U.S. Representative [D] Pennsylvania
- Driehaus, Steven "Steve" L. U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Kaptur, Marcia "Marcy" U.S. Representative [D] Ohio
- Mollohan, Alan B. U.S. Representative [D] West Virginia
- Rahall, Nick Joe U.S. Representative [D] West Virginia
- Stupak, Bart U.S. Representative [D] Michigan
The House has passed the Senate version of health care legislation by a vote of 219 to 212.
The House has passed both…
Reaction to Passage of Stupak Amendment
Representative Burt Stupak (D-MI) and others talked about the passage of the Stupak amendment to apply federal…