Haiti Earthquake Recovery
The Congressional Black Caucus held a forum on Haiti’s recovery and reconstruction following its January 12, 2010 magnitude 7.0… read more
The Congressional Black Caucus held a forum on Haiti’s recovery and reconstruction following its January 12, 2010 magnitude 7.0 earthquake.
Panelists and participants focused on a number of issues including the history of Haiti and its relationship to the U.S., challenges facing Haiti in the wake of the earthquake, international relief and reconstruction efforts, and programs to promote democracy in Haiti. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Joseph Baptiste President National Org.for Advancement of Haitians
- Donna Barry Manager Partners in Health
- Corrine Brown U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Greg Carr Chairman Howard University->Afro-American Studies Department
- Donna M. Christensen Congressional Delegate [D] Virgin Islands
- Yvette D. Clarke U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Brian Concannon Director Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti
- Stephanie Gidigbi Legislative Assistant Office of Rep. Payne (D-NJ)
- Richard Gonzalez Project Manager Urban Design Lab
- Steny H. Hoyer U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Jesse Jackson Founder and President Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Mario Joseph Attorney Haiti
- Raymond A. Joseph Ambassador Haiti->United States
- Bruno Le Marquis Chief United Nations Development Programme->Strategy and Policy
- Barbara Lee U.S. Representative [D] California
- Nicole Lee Executive Director TransAfrica Forum
- Richard Plunz Director Urban Design Lab
- Rajiv Shah M.D. Administrator U.S. Agency for International Development
- Paul Weisenfield Coordinator U.S. Agency for International Development->Haiti Mission
The House debated and passed health reform legislation by a vote of 220-215. One Republican, Rep. Joseph Cao…
Rep Crowley (D-NY) gave a silent one-minute speech during today’s House session.
Representatives voted on H.R. 4105, the tariffs for non-market economies bill. They paid tribute to Congressman…
The House considered H.R. 2632, a bill that reauthorizes only farm programs.