Haiti Earthquake Recovery
The Congressional Black Caucus held a forum on Haiti’s recovery and reconstruction following its January 12, 2010 magnitude 7.0… read more
The Congressional Black Caucus held a forum on Haiti’s recovery and reconstruction following its January 12, 2010 magnitude 7.0 earthquake.
Panelists and participants focused on a number of issues including the history of Haiti and its relationship to the U.S., challenges facing Haiti in the wake of the earthquake, international relief and reconstruction efforts, and programs to promote democracy in Haiti. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Baptiste, Joseph President National Org.for Advancement of Haitians
- Barry, Donna Manager Partners in Health
- Brown, Corrine U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Carr, Greg Chairman Howard University->Afro-American Studies Department
- Christensen, Donna M. Congressional Delegate [D] Virgin Islands
- Clarke, Yvette D. U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Concannon, Brian Director Institute for Justice and Democracy in Haiti
- Gidigbi, Stephanie Legislative Assistant Office of Rep. Payne (D-NJ)
- Gonzalez, Richard Project Manager Urban Design Lab
- Hoyer, Steny H. U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Jackson, Jesse Founder and President Rainbow/PUSH Coalition
- Joseph, Mario Attorney Haiti
- Joseph, Raymond A. Ambassador Haiti->United States
- Le Marquis, Bruno Chief United Nations Development Programme->Strategy and Policy
- Lee, Barbara U.S. Representative [D] California
- Lee, Nicole Executive Director TransAfrica Forum
- Plunz, Richard Director Urban Design Lab
- Shah, Rajiv M.D. Administrator U.S. Agency for International Development
- Weisenfield, Paul Coordinator U.S. Agency for International Development->Haiti Mission
The House debated and passed health reform legislation by a vote of 220-215. One Republican, Rep. Joseph Cao…
Rep Crowley (D-NY) gave a silent one-minute speech during today’s House session.
Representatives voted on H.R. 4105, the tariffs for non-market economies bill. They paid tribute to Congressman…
The House considered H.R. 2632, a bill that reauthorizes only farm programs.