Building and Construction Trades Department National Conference
The Building and Construction Trades Department of the AFL-CIO held its annual national legislative conference. Speakers at the… read more
The Building and Construction Trades Department of the AFL-CIO held its annual national legislative conference. Speakers at the opening plenary session included Vice President Joe Biden, Energy Secretary Steven Chu, and political commentator Mark Shields. Among the topics they addressed were the strength of the labor movement, the economic crisis, creating new jobs in a “green” economy, and the 2010 midterm elections. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ayers, Mark H. President AFL-CIO->Building and Construction Trades Dept.
- Biden, Joseph "Joe" R. Jr. U.S. Vice President [D] United States
- Chu, Steven Secretary Department of Energy
- Kiley, Cletus President Faith and Politics Institute
- McGarvey, Sean Secretary-Treasurer AFL-CIO->Building and Construction Trades Dept.
- Shields, Mark Syndicated Columnist
Building Trades Agenda
Democratic presidential candidates addressed a legislative conference titled, “Building Trades: Seize the…
Labor and Economic Issues
The building and construction trades department of the AFL-CIO held a legislative conference on labor and economic…
Stimulus and Energy Programs
Vice President Biden talked about stimulus and energy programs and announced that 25 communities across the nation…
Vice President Biden at Recovery Act Meeting
Vice President Biden talked about energy research projects being funded by the $787 billion economic stimulus…