Reassessing President Andrew Jackson
Historians discussed the legacy of President Andrew Jackson. Daniel Usner moderated a roundtable of presentations on new… read more
Historians discussed the legacy of President Andrew Jackson. Daniel Usner moderated a roundtable of presentations on new research. The panelists also responded to questions from members of the audience.
Daniel Feller is the editor of The Papers of Andrew Jackson. Jon Meacham is the author of American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House (Random House, 2008).
“Reassessing Andrew Jackson in the Twenty-first Century” was a panel at the 102nd annual meeting of the Organization of American Historians, held April 10, 2010, at the Hilton Washington. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Belohlavek, John Professor University of South Florida (Tampa)->Department of History
- Cheathem, Mark R. Associate Professor Cumberland University->History Department
- Feller, Daniel Professor University of Tennessee, Knoxville->History Department
- Meacham, Jon Editor Newsweek
- Usner, Daniel H. Jr. Professor Vanderbilt University->History Department
- Wood, Kirsten E. Associate Professor Florida International University->History Department
More Videos From
Organization of American HistoriansMore Videos
Ronald Reagan's Neshoba County Speech
Historians discussed Ronald Reagan’s first post-convention presidential campaign speech on August 3, 1980, at the…
After War Intervention
Historians discussed the aftermaths of wars. Andrew Rotter moderated. They also responded to questions from…
Rethinking the Carter Administration
A panel discussion was held to re-evaluate the Carter administration. After their papers were presented, the…
President Nixon and the Paris Peace Accords
Critics of the Vietnam War have argued that President Richard Nixon unnecessarily prolonged the conflict while others…