Domestic Counterterrorism, Panel 1
Members of Congress, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and senior law enforcement officials testified about a loophole that allows… read more
Members of Congress, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and senior law enforcement officials testified about a loophole that allows persons on terrorist watch lists to purchase firearms. Among the topics they addressed were legislation to address the issue and a Government Accountability Office report that found 91 percent of attempted firearms purchases of individuals on the watch lists were successful. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Roberts, Daniel Assistant Director Federal Bureau of Investigation->Criminal Justice Info. Service Div.
- Bloomberg, Michael R. Mayor New York, NY
- Collins, Susan M. U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Graham, Lindsey U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Kelly, Raymond W. Commissioner New York City Police Dept.
- King, Peter "Pete" U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Lautenberg, Frank R. U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Lieberman, Joseph "Joe" U.S. Senator [I] Connecticut
More Videos From
Sen. Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Cmte.: Terrorist Threats & Guns
Domestic Counterterrorism, Panel 2
Members of Congress, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and senior law enforcement officials testified about a…
Mumbai Terrorist Attacks
The Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee examined the lessons that can be learned from the…
Aviation Security and Flight 253
Witnesses testified on lessons learned from the Christmas Day 2009 attempted terrorist attack of Northwest Flight 253.…
Weekly Republican Address
In the Republican Weekly Address, Senator Lindsey Graham talked about President Obama’s decision to try accused…