Disaster Assistance Revision
FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate and local officials testified on possible changes to the Stafford Act, the law that governs federal… read more
FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate and local officials testified on possible changes to the Stafford Act, the law that governs federal disaster response.
The Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act was enacted in 1988 and authorized various forms of federal assistance to state and local governments, certain nonprofit organizations, and individuals and households in the event of a presidentially-declared emergency or disaster. It has been significantly revised by the Disaster Mitigation Act of 2000 and the Post-Katrina Emergency Management Reform Act of 2006. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Crowley, Sheila President National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Fugate, William "Craig" Administrator Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Graham, Lindsey U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Jadacki, Matthew A. Deputy Inspector General Department of Homeland Security->Disaster Assistance Oversight
- Landrieu, Mary U.S. Senator [D] Louisiana
- Maxwell, David President National Emergency Management Assn.
- Pryor, Mark U.S. Senator [D] Arkansas
- Riley, Joseph P. Jr. Mayor Charleston, SC
Safety of Children in Disasters, Part 1
Witnesses testified about child safety during disasters, focusing on evacuation planning and mental health…
Safety of Children in Disasters, Part 2
Witnesses testified about child safety during disasters, focusing on evacuation planning and mental health recovery.
Catastrophic Disaster Response
Witnesses testified testified about federal and local government responses to emergencies, and about ways to improve…
Newsmakers with Craig Fugate
Craig Fugate talked about the function, budget, and oversight of FEMA, (the Federal Emergency Management Agency), and…