National Whistleblower Assembly
The Government Accountability Project and other supporters of whistleblower protections held the first day of a two-day assembly to raise… read more
The Government Accountability Project and other supporters of whistleblower protections held the first day of a two-day assembly to raise support for the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2009. Tom Devine and Frank Serpico talked about legal protections for people who reveal weaknesses in national security, aviation security, nuclear power programs, and border security. Representative Chris Van Hollen talked about the Whistleblower Protections Act of 2009 and some of the provisions in the legislation. Tom Devine and Frank Serpico answered questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Brian, Danielle Executive Director Project on Government Oversight
- Cohen, Mark Executive Director Government Accountability Project
- Devine, Tom Director Government Accountability Project->Legal Affairs
- Eisen, Norman Special Counsel White House
- German, Michael Policy Counsel American Civil Liberties Union->National Security, Immigration and Privacy
- Powell, Lisa Staff Director Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs
- Serpico, Frank Officer (Former) New York City Police Dept.
- Van Hollen, Christopher U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
National Security Whistleblowers
Witnesses testified about retribution against whistleblowers in national security areas. The first panel was made…
Telephone lines were open for comments on recent court ruling that the FCC can’t regulate the internet.
Obama Administration Transparency
Panelists talked about Obama administration’s efforts to put more transparency into government. The…
House Democratic Leaders on the Economy and Jobs
House Democratic leaders called on House Republicans to present jobs legislation.