Resolution on New Iran Sanctions
The United Nations Security Council met to vote on new sanctions against Iran for the country’s suspected nuclear program. The resolution was passed 12-2 in favor, with Brazil and Turkey voting against the measure and Lebanon abstaining.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Churkin, Vitaly Ambassador Russia->United Nations
- Grant, Mark Lyall Ambassador United Kingdom->United Nations
- Khazaee, Mohammad Ambassador Iran->United Nations
- Li, Baodong Ambassador China->United Nations
- Rice, Susan E. Ambassador United States->United Nations
- Viotti, Maria Luisa Ribeiro Ambassador United Nations->Brazil
The United Nations Security Council met to vote on a resolution to impose new sanctions against Iran for continued…
United Nations Security Council Meeting on Ukraine
The United Nations Security Council held an emergency meeting on the situation in Ukraine.
Statements on North Korea
Ambassadors spoke to the media following an emergency meeting of the Security Council to address a nuclear test and…
United Nations Security Council on North Korea
Ambassadors spoke to reporters and answered questions about a United Nations Security Council vote condemning a North…