Louisiana Incident Command Post
A C-SPAN crew toured an Incident Command Post in Houma, Louisiana. Coast Guard and BP officials working at the site spoke about the center’s operations and response efforts underway to clean up the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Chirs Lee Lieutenant Commander U.S. Coast Guard
- Richard Madore Master Chief Petty Officer U.S. Coast Guard
- Luke Pinneo Petty Officer U.S. Coast Guard
- Richard Santer Official BP (British Petroleum)
- Mike Utsler Official BP (British Petroleum)
- Ann Hayward Walker Official BP (British Petroleum)
St. Bernard Parish and the Gulf Coast Oil Spill
A C-SPAN crew attended an expo held for those seeking assistance as a result of the Gulf oil spill in the New Orleans…
Helicopter Tour of Deepwater Horizon Explosion Site
A C-SPAN videojournalist went on a helicopter tour of the Deepwater Horizon Explosion site in the Gulf of Mexico and…
A C-SPAN videojournalist spoke with the executive editor of the Houma, Louisiana, daily newspaper, the Courier, about…
Oil Spill Liability Caps
Joseph Schatz was interviewed by phone about proposed legislation to raise the cap on liability for oil spills.