Military branch vice chiefs and a Veterans Administration official spoke about efforts to prevent military suicides. They also talked about efforts to diagnose and treat brain injuries.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Begich, Mark U.S. Senator [D] Alaska
- Chandler, Carol Vice Chief of Staff U.S. Air Force
- Chiarelli, Peter W. Vice Chief of Staff U.S. Army
- Collins, Susan M. U.S. Senator [R] Maine
- Greenert, Jonathan W. Vice Chief U.S. Navy->Naval Operations
- Hagan, Kay R U.S. Senator [D] North Carolina
- Inhofe, James M. U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Jesse, Robert M.D. Principal Deputy Undersecretary Department of Veterans Affairs->Health
- Levin, Carl U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Lieberman, Joseph "Joe" U.S. Senator [I] Connecticut
- McCain, John S. III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- McCaskill, Claire U.S. Senator [D] Missouri
- Udall, Mark U.S. Senator [D] Colorado
Psychological Stress in the Military
A hearing was held on actions taken by military leaders to address psychological stress in the military. Topics…
Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repeal Vote
Senators spoke to reporters and answered questions on a final vote repealing the military’s ban on service by gay…
Witnesses testified about suicides among U.S. service members and initiatives within the Department of Defense to…
Joint Chiefs Expansion Proposal
Defense Department officials testified on adding the National Guard bureau chief to the Joint Chiefs Staff.