The Senate Armed Services Committee held a hearing on the pending nominations of Raymond T. Odierno for reappointment to the grade of general and commander, U.S. Joint Forces Command, and Lloyd J. Austin III, to be general and commander, U.S. Forces-Iraq.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Lloyd J. Austin III Lieutenant General U.S. Army
- Clarence "Saxby" Chambliss U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Lindsey Graham U.S. Senator [R] South Carolina
- Kay R Hagan U.S. Senator [D] North Carolina
- James M. Inhofe U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Edward "Ted" E. Kaufman U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- George LeMieux U.S. Senator [R] Florida
- Carl Levin U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Joseph "Joe" Lieberman U.S. Senator [I] Connecticut
- John S. McCain III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Ben Nelson U.S. Senator [D] Nebraska
- Raymond T. Odierno Commander U.S. Forces - Iraq
- Jeff Sessions U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- Jim Webb U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
Senators McCain, Lieberman, and Graham on General McChrystal
Armed Services Committee Senators McCain, Lieberman, and Graham spoke to reporters about the resignation of General…
Senator Levin on Defense Authorization Bill
Senate Armed Services Committee Chair Carl Levin spoke about his panel’s markup of the Defense Authorization bill…
Fort Hood Shooting Briefing
Senators spoke to reporters and answered questions about a congressional investigation into shootings at Ft. Hood.
The Senate Armed Services Committee held a confirmation hearing for Joint Chiefs of Staff vice chair, Army chief of…