Books for International Goodwill
Books for International Goodwill has donated over four million books since being founded in 1994. The Rotary International organization… read more
Books for International Goodwill has donated over four million books since being founded in 1994. The Rotary International organization uses an all-volunteer workforce to collect, sort, and package shipping containers for destinations such as Uganda, Kenya, the Czech Republic, and Native American libraries. Also featured in this program are two reading programs: the Mpambara-Cox Foundation that organizes programs to partner U.S. schools with schools in Uganda, and the Caribbean Children’s Reading Project. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Willis Baird Midshipman U.S. Naval Academy
- Joyce Edelson Manager Books for International Goodwill ->Retail
- Stephen Frantzich President Books for International Goodwill
- Anita Mpambara-Cox Founder, Chair & President Mpambara-Cox Foundation
- Bob Whitcomb Member Rotary Club->Parole (Annapolis, MD)
- Ann-Wallis White Founder Caribbean Children's Reading Project
Brooke Jackman Foundation
Erin Jackman talked about her family’s foundation honoring her sister Brooke who was killed in the north tower of…
Book Discussion on O.O.P.S.
Stephen Frantzich discussed his book, O.O.P.S.: Observing Our Politicians Stumble: The Worst Candidate Gaffes and…
Summer Reading with Pat Conroy
Pat Conroy answered the question “What are you reading?” He mentioned Serena: A Novel by Ron Rash.
Summer Reading with Senator Mitch McConnell
Senator Mitch McConnell answered the question “What are you reading?” He mentioned Woodrow Wilson: A…