Marine Corps Commandant Nomination
The Senate Armed Services Committee held a hearing on the pending nomination of General James Amos to the grade of general and to be commandant of the Marine Corps.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Roland Burris U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Clarence "Saxby" Chambliss U.S. Senator [R] Georgia
- Carte Goodwin U.S. Senator [D] West Virginia
- Kay R Hagan U.S. Senator [D] North Carolina
- George LeMieux U.S. Senator [R] Florida
- Carl Levin U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- John S. McCain III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- John "Jack" F. Reed U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
- Jeff Sessions U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- James "Jim" H. Webb U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
Don't Ask, Don't Tell Policy
Military branch chiefs testified on the results of the Department of Defense survey on repeal of the military…
Military branch vice chiefs and a Veterans Administration official spoke about efforts to prevent military…
Senator Levin on Defense Authorization Bill
Senate Armed Services Committee Chair Carl Levin spoke about his panel’s markup of the Defense Authorization bill…
Joint Chiefs Expansion Proposal
Defense Department officials testified on adding the National Guard bureau chief to the Joint Chiefs Staff.