Obama Administration Jobs Plan
Following on President Obama’s State of the Union address, Commerce Secretary Gary Locke and other administration officials unveiled… read more
Following on President Obama’s State of the Union address, Commerce Secretary Gary Locke and other administration officials unveiled a public-private initiative designed to develop small businesses and spur job creation. The plan, “Startup America,” would offer tax breaks to small businesses and provide $2 billion in funding for new companies. Also, established companies such as IBM and Intel have pledged to invest hundreds of millions of dollars in new technology businesses. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Stephen "Steve" M. Case Co-Founder and Chair Case Foundation
- Steven Chu Secretary Department of Energy
- Zoe Damacela Fashion Designer
- Brad Feld Managing Director Foundry Director
- Austan Goolsbee Member White House->Council of Economic Advisers
- Gary Locke Secretary Department of Commerce
- Karen Gordon Mills Administrator U.S. Small Business Administration
- Fu Ping Co-Founder Geomagic
- Carl J. Schramm President and CEO Kauffman (Ewing Marion) Foundation
- Gene B. Sperling Director (Former) National Economic Council
White House Jobs Forum on U.S. Manufacturing
Panelists talked about ways to increase the number of manufacturing jobs within the U.S., focusing on large…
Status of Businesses in the U.S.
Business executives talked about the factors that encourage businesses to move their operations back to the U.S., with…
White House Jobs Summit Closing
President Obama delivered closing remarks at a White House forum on jobs and economic growth. He talked about…
Women and the Economy
Panelists talked about women and the economy. Topics included entrepreneurship and workplace flexibility.