Economic Recovery Efforts
The Senate Budget Committee held a hearing on U.S economic recovery efforts. Among the issues they addressed were the severity of the fiscal crisis, unemployment rates, the housing market, and state budgets.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ben Cardin U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Kent Conrad U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Chris Edwards Director Cato Institute->Tax Policy Studies
- Jeff Merkley U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
- Rob Portman U.S. Senator [R] Ohio
- Raymond C. Scheppach Executive Director National Governors Association
- Jeff Sessions U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- Till Von Watcher Professor Columbia University->Economics
- Sheldon Whitehouse U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
- Mark M. Zandi Co-Founder & Chief Economist Moody's Analytics
Government Shutdown and the Economy
Economists testified on the impact of a federal government shutdown and a failure by Congress to raise the debt limit…
Ten-Year Economic Outlook
Witnesses testified about the long-term economic outlok and about proposals for a summit to address the nation’s…
Outlook for U.S. Economy
Mark Zandi assessed both the Republican House and President Obama’s plans to stimulate the economy and create…
Economic and Budget Outlook
Doug Elmendorf testified on the latest Congressional Budget Office economic and budget outlook for 2011-2012.