Economic Recovery Efforts
The Senate Budget Committee held a hearing on U.S economic recovery efforts. Among the issues they addressed were the severity of the fiscal crisis, unemployment rates, the housing market, and state budgets.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Cardin, Benjamin "Ben" L. U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Conrad, Kent U.S. Senator [D] North Dakota
- Edwards, Chris Director Cato Institute->Tax Policy Studies
- Merkley, Jeffery "Jeff" U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
- Portman, Rob U.S. Senator [R] Ohio
- Scheppach, Raymond C. Executive Director National Governors Association
- Sessions, Jefferson "Jeff" U.S. Senator [R] Alabama
- Von Watcher, Till Professor Columbia University->Economics
- Whitehouse, Sheldon U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
- Zandi, Mark M. Co-Founder & Chief Economist Moody's Economy.com
Government Shutdown and the Economy
Economists testified on the impact of a federal government shutdown and a failure by Congress to raise the debt limit…
Ten-Year Economic Outlook
Witnesses testified about the long-term economic outlok and about proposals for a summit to address the nation’s…
Outlook for U.S. Economy
Mark Zandi assessed both the Republican House and President Obama’s plans to stimulate the economy and create…
Economic and Budget Outlook
Doug Elmendorf testified on the latest Congressional Budget Office economic and budget outlook for 2011-2012.