The Lab That Made The City
Ian Hodge, Daniel Hong, and Chunyang Ding’s video, ORNL: The Lab That Made the City, was one of the middle school section second… read more
Ian Hodge, Daniel Hong, and Chunyang Ding’s video, ORNL: The Lab That Made the City, was one of the middle school section second prize winners in C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam documentary contest. They are eighth graders at Farragut Middle School in Knoxville, Tennessee.
ORNL stands for Oak Ridge National Lab.
C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest was a national competition in which middle and high school students produced a documentary focusing on an issue, event, or topic that helped them better understand the role of the federal government in their life or community. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ding, Chunyang Student Farragut Middle School (Knoxville, TN)
- Hodge, Ian Student Farragut Middle School (Knoxville, TN)
- Hong, Daniel Student Farragut Middle School (Knoxville, TN)
More Videos From
2011 StudentCam Winners
- The National Economy Through My Lens
- College Checklist: Tuition, Dorm, Health Care Reform
- The Affordable Health Care Act
- Math Education at the Crossroads
- Race to the Top: A Federal Plan on a Local Level
- Green Money
- Gotta Love the V.A.
- Improving Educational Opportunities in a Time of Crisis
- Home Foreclosures: a National Crisis
- A Rising Tide
- Let There Be Light
- At the Gateway
- LEEDing The Way
- Price Tag of the American Dream
- The Lab That Made The City
- The Drive to Save an Industry
- Calming the Economic Storm
- The Border
- Homelessness: An American Crisis
- Have Gun - Will Carry
- Net Neutrality
- After the Storm
- The Great Compromise
Ian Hodge StudentCam Interview
Ian Hodge spoke about his video, ORNL: The Lab That Made the City, one of the middle school section second…
We The People, Genetically Modified?
Andrew Demeter’s We the People, Genetically Modified? was the high school Central Division first prize-winner in…
One of the high school section third prize-winning videos,Ouch!, was produced by Rebecca Levy. She is a sixth…
Gotta Love the V.A.
Mathew Dixon and Tyler Sherbon’s video, Gotta Love the V.A., was one of the high school section third prize…