Guantanamo Bay Military Commissions
House Armed Services Committee Chair Buck McKeon held a news conference on President Obama’s executive order allowing indefinite detentions and the resumption of military trials at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Forbes, J. "Randy" Randy U.S. Representative [R] Virginia
- Griffin, Tim U.S. Representative [R] Arkansas
- McKeon, Howard "Buck" U.S. Representative [R] California
- Rooney, Thomas "Tom" J. U.S. Representative [R] Florida
- Schilling, Bobby U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Thornberry, William "Mac" McClellan U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Wittman, Robert "Rob" J. U.S. Representative [R] Virginia
Legislative business: Amendments to Defense Authorization
Fiscal Year 2012 Defense Authorization Mark Up, Part 1
The House Armed Services Committee met to consider a measure authorizing Defense Department programs and policies for…
Afghanistan Troop Reduction Plan
Michelle Flournoy and Admiral Mike Mullen testified about President Obama’s Afghanistan troop reduction…