Home Ownership in the Current Economy
Housing and lending experts talked about the economy and the future of home ownership. Among the subjects they addressed were the… read more
Housing and lending experts talked about the economy and the future of home ownership. Among the subjects they addressed were the future of government sponsored enterprises such as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, predatory lending, and discrimination against minorities by housing lenders.
The program began with a five-minute video of Americans talking about home ownership.
This event was part of an Atlantic and National Journal joint economic summit on the impact of the economic crisis on housing and the next generation of home buyers. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ronald Brownstein Editorial Director National Journal
- Jerry Howard Executive V.P. and CEO National Association of Home Builders
- Alex J. Pollock Resident Fellow American Enterprise Institute
- Shanna L. Smith President and CEO National Fair Housing Alliance
- Jim Tankersley Correspondent National Journal->Economics
- Sarah Rosen Wartell Chief Executive Officer Center for American Progress
More Videos From
The Atlantic and National Journal: Home Ownership and the American DreamMore Videos
Housing Market and the Economy
Following opening remarks by Tom Wilson, Jared Bernstein, economic adviser to Vice President Biden, talked about the…
Discussion on Home Ownership with Henry Cisneros
Former Housing and Urban Development Secretary talked about the Clinton administration’s efforts to raise the…
Fiscal Cliff and the Federal Budget
Representative Allison Schwartz (D-PA) talked about the possibility of President Obama and Congress reaching an…
Digital Town Hall on the Economy
Government officials spoke at a digital town hall meeting about the state of the economy and employment…