Democratic Women Senators on 2011 Budget
Democratic women senators spoke about the impasse between Republicans and Democrats on a budget to fund the government through the end of… read more
Democratic women senators spoke about the impasse between Republicans and Democrats on a budget to fund the government through the end of fiscal year 2011. They said negotiations were stalled over policy provisions favored by House Republicans that would eliminate federal funding for the women’s health group Planned Parenthood. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Dianne Feinstein U.S. Senator [D] California
- Kirsten E. Gillibrand U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Kay R Hagan U.S. Senator [D] North Carolina
- Amy Klobuchar U.S. Senator [D] Minnesota
- Barbara A. Mikulski U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Patty Murray U.S. Senator [D] Washington
- Debbie Stabenow U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
After the transaction of any morning business (not to extend beyond 11 a.m.), Senate will continue consideration of S.…
The Senate voted on procedural motions to advance parts of President Obama’s jobs legislation.
Senators met to vote on the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act, the “Don’t ask,…