Political strategists and University of California students talked about same-sex marriage. Topics included California’s Proposition 8, the economic benefits of marriage, the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), and recusals.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Chad Griffin Board President American Foundation for Equal Rights
- Andreanna Hidalgo Member University of Southern California->College Republicans
- Matt Klink Republican Political Consultant
- Michael Maulano Member College Democrats of America->University of Southern California
- Dan Schnur Director University of Southern California->Unruh (Jesse M.) Institute of Politics
California Gay Marriage Ruling
Tony Mauro talked about the ruling in favor of same-sex marriage in California and the possibility that the ruling is…
Overturn of California's Proposition 8
Joe Garofoli spoke by phone about a federal court judge’s ruling that overturned California’s ban on…
Agenda and Panelists 12p ET Introduction and Opening Remarks Commissioner Michael Copps, Federal Communications…
Book Discussion on Delirium
Nancy Cohen talked about her book, Delirium: How the Sexual Counterrevolution Is Polarizing America, and responded to…