U.S. Economy and Federal Spending
Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and Representative Henry Waxman (D-CA) participated in an economic conference hosted by the Financial Times… read more
Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner and Representative Henry Waxman (D-CA) participated in an economic conference hosted by the Financial Times and the Bartelsmann Foundation. Secretary Geithner said he was confident that Congress would raise the debt ceiling because lawmakers recognized the consequences of not doing it. The debt ceiling was expected to be reached the next month. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barber, Lionel Managing Editor Financial Times->U.S.
- Geithner, Timothy F. Secretary Department of the Treasury
- Tett, Gillian Managing Editor Financial Times->U.S.
- Waxman, Henry U.S. Representative [D] California
More Videos From
Bertelsmann Fndn./Financial Times - Business Summit
- International Debt and Trade
- Business Innovation and Investment
- French Economic Minister Remarks
- Economic Growth and Inflation
Gene Sperling on the Debt Ceiling
Gene Sperling talked about the president’s debt and deficit reduction plan, and the upcoming debate over the debt…
Economic Growth and Inflation
Former White House Budget Director Peter Orszag and Daniel Tarullo, member of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors,…
French Economic Minister Remarks
French Finance Minister Lagarde spoke about the impact of U.S. debt on the world economy and France’s economic…
Business Innovation and Investment
Participants spoke about business innovation, investment and international open markets. Among the issues they…