Occupational Safety and Health Administration 40th Anniversary
In honor of the 40th anniversary of the creation of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Assistant Labor Secretary David… read more
In honor of the 40th anniversary of the creation of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Assistant Labor Secretary David Michaels, labor unions representatives, and business leaders talked about the agency’s beginnings, changes made to reduce work-related injuries, and challenges that remained ahead. They also responded to questions from the audience. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Michaels, David Assistant Secretary Department of Labor->Occupational Safety and Health Admin.
- Podesta, John D. President and CEO Center for American Progress
- Rushing, Reece Director Center for American Progress->Government Reform
- Seminario, Margaret "Peg" Director AFL-CIO->Safety and Health
- Stoddart, Cathy Nurse
- Van Houten, Joseph Senior Director Johnson and Johnson->Worldwide Environment, Health and Safety
- Weibel, Michael Member United Steelworkers
- Weil, David Professor Boston University->Economics Department
Economic Growth and Equality
The Center for American Progress held a forum on economic growth and equality.
After opening remarks from Vanessa…
Obama Administration Open Government Policies
Participants talked about the Obama administration’s efforts to have a more open government and expedite Freedom…
Representative Waxman on Energy Policy and Climate Change
Representative Henry Waxman, ranking member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, talked about the Republican…
Water, Wildlife and Land Conservation
Interior Secretary Ken Salazar outlined the Obama administration’s America’s Great Outdoors…