Uniform Mortgage Servicing Standards
Witnesses testified about creating national standards to regulate the mortgage servicing industry, and about a recent report on greater federal oversight over mortgage servicers and the foreclosure process.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- A. Nicole Clowers Director Government Accountability Office->Financial Markets and Community Investment
- Laurie Goodman Senior Managing Director Amherst Securities
- Richard Harpootlian Attorney
- Tim P. Johnson U.S. Senator [D] South Dakota
- Robert "Bob" Menendez U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Jeffery "Jeff" Merkley U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
- Anthony B. Sanders Distinguished Professor George Mason University->Finance
- David H. Stevens President and CEO Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- Diane Thompson Counsel National Consumer Law Center
Mortgage Loan Reform
Witnesses testified about proposed legislation for restructuring the financing of mortgage loans. Among the topics…
Response to Foreclosure Crisis
Witnesses testified about government and private sector responses to mortgage foreclosures and the sub-prime mortgage…
Mortgage Rules and Debt Restrictions
Dina Elboghdady talked about proposed tougher debt restrictions on mortgages, credit cards, and auto and student…
Witnesses testified on efforts to slow the growth of home mortgage foreclosures through bankruptcy courts.