Witnesses testified on taxing digital goods and services, focusing on legislation aimed at clarifying how states may levy taxes on products such as MP3 music files and other products purchased over the Internet.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Brubaker, Russ Adviser Washington State Revenue Department->National Tax Policy
- Coble, John "Howard" U.S. Representative [R] North Carolina
- Atkinson, Robert D. President Information Technology and Innovation Foundation
- Cohen, Stephen "Steve" U.S. Representative [D] Tennessee
- Eads, Jim Director Ryan Tax Services Firm->Public Affairs
- Johnson, Henry "Hank" C. Jr. U.S. Representative [D] Georgia
- Ross, Dennis U.S. Representative [R] Florida
Senator Wyden on Tax Policy and the Federal Budget
Senator Ron Wyden talked about Senate Democratic leaders intention to bring up House Budget Chair Paul Ryan’s…
Cost of Eliminating Tax Credits
Kathy Deveny talked about the costs to the federal government and savings to taxpayers of tax credits such as IRAs,…
Oil Drilling Subsidies
Lynn Garner was interviewed by phone about a Senate bill to end oil drilling tax subsidies.
Oil and Gas Industry Tax Breaks
Senators debated ending subsidies and tax breaks for teh oil and gas industry.