Deputy Secretary of State Nomination
William J. Burns testified about his nomination as deputy secretary of state. Among the issues he addressed were U.S. policy in the Middle East, military action and unrest in Libya, and international sanctions against Iran.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- William "Bill" Joseph Burns Undersecretary Department of State->Political Affairs
- Bob Casey Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Pennsylvania
- John F. Kerry U.S. Senator [D] Massachusetts
- Richard "Dick" G. Lugar U.S. Senator [R] Indiana
- Robert "Bob" Menendez U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Marco Rubio U.S. Senator [R] Florida
- James "Jim" H. Webb U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
Benghazi Consulate Attack Report
Senior State Department officials testified on the September 11, 2012, attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya,…
Fiscal Year 2014 State Department Budget Request
Secretary John Kerry testified on the Department of State’s fiscal year 2014 budget request.
State Department Fiscal Year 2015 Budget Request
Secretary of State John Kerry testified on national security and foreign policy priorities for the State Department in…
Diplomatic Nominations Hearing
The Senate Foreign Relations Committee held a confirmation hearing on the nominations of William J. Burns to be…