U.S. Ambassador to China Confirmation Hearing
Gary Locke testified about his nomination as U.S. Ambassador to China. Among the topics addressed were policy toward North Korea, intellectual property law, fiscal policy, and trade relations with China.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Locke, Gary Secretary Department of Commerce
- Lugar, Richard "Dick" G. U.S. Senator [R] Indiana
- Menendez, Robert "Bob" U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Risch, James "Jim" E. U.S. Senator [R] Idaho
- Webb, James "Jim" H. U.S. Senator [D] Virginia
President Hu Jintao Remarks
Chinese President Hu Jintao spoke to a group of U.S. business executives. In his comments he stated that many U.S.…
Gary Locke on U.S.-China Relations
U.S. Ambassador to China Gary Locke, the Asia Society’s Orville Schell, and ABC News' George Stephanopoulous, who…
This was the first of a series of hearings on China and was entitled "U.S.-China Relations in the Era of…
Witnesses testified about the state of relations between the U.S. and China. Among the topics they addressed were…