Supreme Court Rulings and Corporate Behavior
Witnesses testified about several recent Supreme Court corporate rulings involving class-action lawsuits or matters involving corporate… read more
Witnesses testified about several recent Supreme Court corporate rulings involving class-action lawsuits or matters involving corporate law. Among the topics addressed was the Wal-Mart class-action case where, in a 5-4 decision, the Court ruled over one million female Wal-Mart employees could not move forward in a class-action lawsuit. They also talked about the degree to which recent court decisions had favored business over consumers. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Alt, Robert Senior Fellow Heritage Foundation->Legal Policy
- Cox, James Professor Duke University->Law School
- Dukes, Betty Plaintiff
- Feinstein, Dianne U.S. Senator [D] California
- Franken, Al U.S. Senator [D] Minnesota
- Grassley, Charles "Chuck" E. U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Hart, Melissa Director University of Colorado->Byron R. White Center for the Study of American Constitutional Law
- Leahy, Patrick J. U.S. Senator [D] Vermont
- Pincus, Andrew Attorney
- Whitehouse, Sheldon U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
Counter-Narcotics Efforts in Afghanistan
The Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control held a hearing on counter-narcotics operations in…
Kagan Confirmation Hearing, Day 4
The Senate Judiciary Committee held its fourth day of hearings on the appointment of Elena Kagan to the U.S. Supreme…
Review of Supreme Court Decisions
Adam Liptak spoke by phone about the major decisions handed down by the Supreme Court during the 2010-11 term.
Telephone lines were open for comments on the most recent Supreme Court term.