Coverage of the British tabloid News of the World telephone-hacking scandal was shown. Rupert Murdoch’s News International announced that it would be shutting down the newspaper.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Sean Cassidy Father
- Claire Enders Founder Enders Analysis
- Michael Fallon Member, House of Commons United Kingdom->Sevenoaks
- David Grossman Political Correspondent London
- Jeff Hoffman Astronaut (Former) NASA->Space Shuttle
- Tom Latchem TV Editor News of the World
- Carole Malone Columnist News of the World
- Lord Oakeshott Michael Member (Former) United Kingdom->House of Lords
- Edward Miliband Member United Kingdom (Labour)
- Randa Milliron Chief Executive Officer Interorbital Systems
- James Murdoch Chair and CEO News Corporation->Europe and Asia
- Peter Oborne Editor Telegraph Group
- Rem Rieder Editor American Journalism Review
- Alan Rusbridger Editor Guardian, The
- William Shawcross Author
- James Voss Director of Advanced Programs Sierra Nevada Corporation
- Tom Watson Member, House of Commons United Kingdom->West Bromwich East
- David Wooding Associate Editor News of the World
- Bob Woodward Associate Editor Washington Post
British Phone-Hacking Investigation, Murdochs Part 1
Rupert Murdoch, News Corporation chair and CEO, and his son James Murdoch, chairman and chief executive of News…
A BBC “Newsnight” focused on upcoming Parliamentary elections, scheduled for May 6, 2010.
News of the World Phone Hacking Debate
Members of the British House of Commons held an emergency debate to discuss whether a full public inquiry was needed to…
British news coverage of the tabloid news phone hacking scandal was shown.