Counter-Narcotics Efforts in Afghanistan
The Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control held a hearing on counter-narcotics operations in Afghanistan. Among the topics… read more
The Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control held a hearing on counter-narcotics operations in Afghanistan. Among the topics addressed were operations in southern regions of the country, efforts to extradite drug traffickers to the U.S., and the changing nature of the drug trade in Afghanistan.
The country is one of the biggest producers of opium and heroin. Proceeds from drug sales have traditionally been a major source of funding for the Taliban. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Nichols, Brian Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of State->Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs
- Feinstein, Dianne U.S. Senator [D] California
- Grassley, Charles "Chuck" E. U.S. Senator [R] Iowa
- Harrigan, Thomas Chief Drug Enforcement Administration->Operations
- Udall, Tom U.S. Senator [D] New Mexico
- Wechsler, William Deputy Assistant Secretary Department of Defense->Counternarcotics
Counternarcotics Efforts in Afghanistan
Drug enforcement officials testified on the illegal drug trade in Afghanistan and the future of counternarcotics…
Heroin and Prescription Drug Abuse
Witnesses testified at a Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control hearing on prescription drug abuse and its…
The Senate convened and began with a period of morning business. Thereafter, members resumed consideration of…
The Senate convened for a period of morning business and thereafter continued debate on the surface transportation bill.