U.S. Jobs Agenda
Senator Tom Harkin, Representative John Garamendi, and members of the Task Force on Job Creation talked about the reasons behind U.S. unemployment. Topics included U.S. manufacturing, the impact of spending cuts on jobs, and the role of China.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Harkin, Thomas "Tom" U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Hindery, Leo Chief Executive Officer (Former) Intermedia Partners
- Hirsh, Michael Chief Correspondent National Journal
- Mulloy, Patrick A. Member U.S.-China Econ.& Security Review Cmsn.
- Schwenninger, Sherle R. Co-Director New America Foundation->Global Economic Project
Federal Jobs Programs
Michael Hirsh talked about federal jobs programs, focusing on adult training and apprenticeships. He also…
Federal Role in Economic Growth
Desmond Lachman offered a Power Point presentation, followed by remarks by Joel Kotkin on the economic report he…
The Real State of the Union: Election Issues
After opening remarks by Mr. Fox and Mr. Halstead, the panelists talked about the new challenges at stake in…
Jobs and the U.S. Economy
Panelists talked about the state of the economy, unemployment, economic stimulus programs, and the outlook for job…