Book Discussion on The Believing Brain
Michael Shermer talked about how irrational beliefs are formed and reinforced. He responded to questions from members of the audience.
This was a talk at FreedomFest, a libertarian conference held annually at Bally’s in Las Vegas.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Shermer, Michael Founding Publisher Skeptic Magazine
More Videos From
2011 Freedom Fest
- Book Discussion on The Believing Brain
- Book Discussion on In Defense of the Bush Doctrine
- How to Win the Battle for Free Enterprise
- Who Cares About ObamaCare?
- Public Unions, Good or Bad for America?
The Future of Science and Technology
Panel members talked about the future of science and technology, including the cultural implications of evolution,…
Religion on Trial
From FreedomFest 2010 held at Bally’s in Las Vegas, a debate on religion featured authors Dinesh D’Souza…
Debate on Intelligent Design
A debate on the merits of intelligent design theory was held at FreedomFest 2008. George Gilder Stephen Meyer, both…
Book Discussion on Human Accomplishment and The Black Swan
Charles Murray and Nassim Taleb discussed their research on interpretations of historical achievement and great human…