Public Unions, Good or Bad for America?
Stephen Moore and Thea Lee debated the merits of public sector unions. In a mock trial, Ms. Lee, assisted by Professor Shoemaker,… read more
Stephen Moore and Thea Lee debated the merits of public sector unions. In a mock trial, Ms. Lee, assisted by Professor Shoemaker, defended against a charge that public service employee unions have harmed the country. Mr. Moore prosecuted. They made opening and closing statements and examined witnesses. The jury found against Ms. Lee in a split decision. Jeffrey Verdon presided.
Stephen Moore is the co-author of Return to Prosperity. Thea Lee is the co-author of The Field Guide to the Global Economy.
“Public Unions: Good or Bad for America?” was “The Big Debate” held at FreedomFest, a libertarian conference held annually at Bally’s in Las Vegas. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Greenhut, Steven M. Editor-in-Chief Pacific Research Institute->CalWatchdog
- Lee, Thea M. Deputy Chief of Staff AFL-CIO
- Mackey, John P. Co-Founder and Co-CEO Whole Foods Market
- Moore, Stephen Member Wall Street Journal->Editorial Board
- Pack, Spencer J. Professor Connecticut College->Economics
- Shoemaker, Karl B. Associate Professor University of Wisconsin-Madison->History Department
- Verdon, Jeffrey Attorney
- Wood, Chip Founder and CEO Soundview Publications
More Videos From
2011 Freedom Fest
- Book Discussion on The Believing Brain
- Book Discussion on In Defense of the Bush Doctrine
- How to Win the Battle for Free Enterprise
- Who Cares About ObamaCare?
- Public Unions, Good or Bad for America?
The Big Debate: Wall Street on Trial
Stephen Moore, co-author of Return to Prosperity, and Robert Frank, author of The Darwin Economy, debated the merits of…
Religion on Trial
From FreedomFest 2010 held at Bally’s in Las Vegas, a debate on religion featured authors Dinesh D’Souza…
Free Market Capitalism on Trial
A mock trial was held to determine whether free market capitalism caused the 2008 economic meltdown. Jeff Madrick,…
Book Discussion on I Am John Galt
Don Luskin talked about his book, I Am John Galt, which profiles people who symbolize characters - both heroes and…