The Senate met on a Sunday to debate and vote on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s debt reduction plan. The plan was defeated by a vote of 50 yes to 49 no. A majority of 60 was needed to pass.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Benjamin "Ben" L. Cardin U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Dick J. Durbin U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- John S. McCain III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Mitch McConnell Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada