The Senate met on a Sunday to debate and vote on Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s debt reduction plan. The plan was defeated by a vote of 50 yes to 49 no. A majority of 60 was needed to pass.
Bills in this Video
People in this video
- Ben Cardin U.S. Senator [D] Maryland
- Dick Durbin U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- John S. McCain III U.S. Senator [R] Arizona
- Mitch McConnell Jr. U.S. Senator [R] Kentucky
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
More Videos From
U.S. SenateMore Videos
The Senate resumed post-cloture debate on trade adjustment assistance (TAA) legislation.
The Senate approved a highway funding bill in a voice vote.â€‚
Senate Session, Part 1
The Senate debated a measure that emerged from last-minute negotiations over the weekend over raising the debt ceiling…
Senate Session, Part 2