Hydrocephalus Treatment in Uganda
Witnesses testified about treatment for hydrocephalus. Benjamin Warf spoke about his new surgical procedure that reduced the number of… read more
Witnesses testified about treatment for hydrocephalus. Benjamin Warf spoke about his new surgical procedure that reduced the number of hydrocephalus-related deaths in Ugandan children.
Hydrocephalus is the buildup of fluid inside the skull which can lead to cognitive problems, brain damage or death. The condition is most often identified at birth, and affects about 700,000 Americans. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Ann Marie Buerkle U.S. Representative [R] New York
- Jim Cohick Senior Vice President CURE International
- Donald M. Payne U.S. Representative [D] New Jersey
- Steven Schiff M.D. Director Pennsylvania State University->Center for Neural Engineering
- Christopher "Chris" H. Smith U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Benjamin Warf Director Children's Hospital - Boston->Neurosurgery
- Frank R. Wolf U.S. Representative [R] Virginia
Newsmakers with Representative Chris Smith
Representative Christopher Smith (R-NJ) talked about how the U.S. is addressing the famine in Somalia and the Islamist…
War Crimes in Africa
Ambassador Prosper and representatives of international human rights organizations talked about war crimes in Africa.
Famine and Civil War in the Horn of Africa
The House Foreign Affairs subcommittee on Africa and the House Select committee on Hunger held a joint committee…
The subcommittees heard testimony on recent developments in Ethiopia pertaining to diplomatic relations, foreign…