Book Discussion on Sacred Gifts, Profane Pleasures
George Washington University professor Marcy Norton talked about her book, Sacred Gifts, Profane Pleasures: A History of Tobacco and Chocolate in the Atlantic World. She was interviewed at George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
More Videos From
George Washington University Interviews
- Book Discussion on The Leaders We Deserved (And a Few We Didn't)
- Book Discussion on The Myth of Digital Democracy
- Book Discussion on Remembering Scottsboro: The Legacy of an Infamous Trial
- Book Discussion on The Making of Modern Afghanistan
- Book Discussion on Stealing Democracy
- Book Discussion on Leaders at War: How Presidents Shape Military Interventions
- Book Discussion on Sacred Gifts, Profane Pleasures
Book Discussion on No One's World
Charles Kupchan talked about his book, No One’s World: The West, The Rising Rest, and the Coming Global Turn. The…
Book Discussion on Blue Collar Intellectuals
Daniel Flynn talked about his book Blue Collar Intellectuals: When the Enlightened and the Everyman Elevated America.
Books That Shaped America
Roberta Shaffer gave a tour of the Library of Congress exhibit, “Books That Shaped America.” The exhibit is…
Open Phones with Robert Edsel
Robert Edsel, author of The Monuments Men, responded to viewer comments and questions. br/
In The Monuments Men,…