Recession and Older Americans
Witnesses testified about the impact of recession on older Americans, including the impact of Social Security payments, rising health care costs, and difficulties finding a job.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barbara D. Bovbjerg Director Government Accountability Office->Education, Workforce and Income Security Issues
- Robert "Bob" Casey Jr. U.S. Senator [D] Pennsylvania
- Al Franken U.S. Senator [D] Minnesota
- Heidi Hartmann Founder, President and CEO Institute for Women's Policy Research
- Eric Kingson Co-Director Social Security Works
- Sandra Nathan Senior Vice President National Council on the Aging
- Gail Ruggles Lyndonville
- Bernard "Bernie" Sanders U.S. Senator [I] Vermont
Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC) Oversight
Chairman Sen. Tom Harkin (D-IA) Panel One
Joshua Gotbaum, director, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC)…
Social Security Retirement Age
Participants spoke about their opposition to proposals to raise the retirement age for Social Security. Among the…
The committee heard testimony on economic recovery legislation introduced to the Senate by Sen. Kennedy that would…
U.S. Economic Policy
The committee heard testimony on U.S. economic policy.