Witnesses testified on the rising popularity of exchange-traded funds (ETF) in the financial markets. ETF’s are the same as mutual funds but can be traded throughout the day rather than only at the end of the day.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Eric Noll Executive Vice President NASDAQ OMX Group->Transaction Services
- Eileen Rominger Director Securities and Exchange Commission->Investment Management
- Noel Archard Managing Director BlackRock Investments->U.S. Exchange Traded Fund Products
- Harold Bradley Chief Executive Officer Kauffman (Ewing Marion) Foundation
- John "Jack" F. Reed U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
Changes at the Securities and Exchange Commission
Securities and Exchange Commission division directors testified on organizational and management reforms at their…
Housing Finance System
Witnesses testified about the mortgage financing industry. They said 30-year fixed mortgages at low interest rates…
State of Capital Markets
Financial markets regulators and Wall Street brokerage firm CEOs testified on the causes of the May 6, 2010 stock…
Private Computerized Stock Trading
Witnesses testified on the increase in off-exchange trading, often referred to as “dark pool trading” or…