Witnesses testified on the rising popularity of exchange-traded funds (ETF) in the financial markets. ETF’s are the same as mutual funds but can be traded throughout the day rather than only at the end of the day.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Eric Noll Executive Vice President NASDAQ OMX Group->Transaction Services
- Eileen Rominger Director Securities and Exchange Commission->Division of Investment Management
- Noel Archard Managing Director BlackRock->U.S. Exchange Traded Fund Products
- Harold Bradley Chief Executive Officer Kauffman (Ewing Marion) Foundation
- Jack Reed U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
Changes at the Securities and Exchange Commission
Securities and Exchange Commission division directors testified on organizational and management reforms at their…
Housing Finance System
Witnesses testified about the mortgage financing industry. They said 30-year fixed mortgages at low interest rates…
State of the Securitization Markets
Witnesses testified about the state of the securitization markets. Securitization is the bundling together of…
Tri-Party Repo Market
Witnesses testified on potential risks to the tri-party repo market. A repo, or repurchase agreement, is a…