Public Safety and Education
Senate Democratic leaders, Vice President Biden, fire fighters, police officers, and teachers held a news conference an rally to call for… read more
Senate Democratic leaders, Vice President Biden, fire fighters, police officers, and teachers held a news conference an rally to call for national investment in public safety and education. They talked about President Obama’s jobs bill which included funds for schools, infrastructure, and first responders. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Joseph "Joe" R. Biden Jr. U.S. Vice President [D] United States
- Dick J. Durbin U.S. Senator [D] Illinois
- Thomas "Tom" Harkin U.S. Senator [D] Iowa
- Wayne Leduc Firefighter
- Robert "Bob" Menendez U.S. Senator [D] New Jersey
- Jennifer Pierce Police Officer
- Harry Reid U.S. Senator [D] Nevada
- Harold Schaitberger President International Association of Fire Fighters
- Charles E. Schumer U.S. Senator [D] New York
- Hilda L. Solis Secretary Department of Labor
- Debbie Stabenow U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
Senate session continued overnight and into the next day.
The Senate continued work on a bill to increase taxes on higher tax brackets. At 11:30 a.m. members took a cloture…
Following the prayer and pledge, the Majority Leader will be recognized. Following Leader remarks, the Senate will…
The Senate convened and began consideration of H.R. 5949, the FISA bill.
Brian Schatz (D-HI) was sworn in as the…