Arab Spring and Transition Process
Activists from Bahrain, Libya, and spoke with National Democratic Institute Chair Madeleine Albright and Walter Isaacson about the future of the Middle East following political unrest in their countries.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Mohammed Abu Luhoum Founder Justice and Building Party (Yemen)
- Mohammad al-Abdallah Founder Committee for Families of Political Prisoners
- Rafat al-Akhali Activist Resonate!
- Amal Habib al-Yusuf M.D. Surgeon and Activist Bahrain
- Madeleine K. Albright Secretary (Former) Department of State
- John Drew President and CEO Trade Center Management Associations
- Muneera Fakhro Candidate
- Walter Isaacson President and CEO Aspen Institute
- Azza Kamel Director Appropriate Communication Techniques for Development (Egypt)
- Atia Lawgali Culture Minister Libyan Transitional National Council
Secretary Clinton on Middle East Uprisings and Transition Process
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave the keynote speech at the National Democratic Institute’s 2011 Democracy…
Role of American Values and Diplomacy
Former Secretaries of State Madeline Albright, James Baker and Colin Powell talked about the role of American values…
U.S. National Security Interests in the Middle East
National security experts talked about U.S. interests in the Middle East and the prospects for peace negotiations…
U.S. Relations with the Muslim World
Former Secretary of State Albright and former Representative Vin Weber talked about the report released by the…