Arab Spring and Transition Process
Activists from Bahrain, Libya, and spoke with National Democratic Institute Chair Madeleine Albright and Walter Isaacson about the future of the Middle East following political unrest in their countries.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Abu Luhoum, Mohammed Founder Justice and Building Party (Yemen)
- al-Abdallah, Mohammad Founder Committee for Families of Political Prisoners
- al-Akhali, Rafat Activist Resonate!
- al-Yusuf, Amal Habib M.D. Surgeon and Activist Bahrain
- Albright, Madeleine K. Secretary (Former) Department of State
- Drew, John President and CEO Trade Center Management Associations
- Fakhro, Muneera Candidate
- Isaacson, Walter President and CEO Aspen Institute
- Kamel, Azza Director Appropriate Communication Techniques for Development (Egypt)
- Lawgali, Atia Culture Minister Libyan Transitional National Council
Secretary Clinton on Middle East Uprisings and Transition Process
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gave the keynote speech at the National Democratic Institute’s 2011 Democracy…
Role of American Values and Diplomacy
Former Secretaries of State Madeline Albright, James Baker and Colin Powell talked about the role of American values…
U.S. National Security Interests in the Middle East
National security experts talked about U.S. interests in the Middle East and the prospects for peace negotiations…
U.S. Relations with the Muslim World
Former Secretary of State Albright and former Representative Vin Weber talked about the report released by the…