Witnesses testified on ways to help people find jobs such as unemployment insurance, training programs, work-share programs.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Fogarty, Charlie Director Rhode Island->Labor and Training Department
- Hatch, Orrin U.S. Senator [R] Utah
- Peitersen, Don Director American Institute for Full Employment->Unemployment Insurance and Workforce Projects
- Stabenow, Debbie U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- Temple, Larry Executive Director Texas Workforce Commission
- Wandner, Stephen Visiting Fellow Urban Institute, The
- Wyden, Ronald "Ron" Lee U.S. Senator [D] Oregon
Unemployment Compensation Issues
The committee heard testimony from the secretary of the Department of Labor and other labor analysts and officials in a…
Secretary Martin gave testimony on legislation to amend the Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act.
Health Care and Jobs Programs for Veterans
Raymond Kelley talked about federal program to encourage the hiring of recent veterans, potential cuts to veterans'…
October Unemployment Report, Part 1
Keith Hall testified about the most recent report on unemployment. The unemployment rate dropped to 9 percent, the…