Canada-U.S. Oil Pipeline and Jobs
Heads of unions and organizations that advocate U.S. energy independence from foreign suppliers testified on the Canada-U.S. Keystone oil pipeline and its impact on jobs.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- David Barnett Member United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the U.S. and Canada
- Brent Booker Construction Department Director LABORERS' INTERNATIONAL UNION
- Bruce G. Burton International Representative International Brotherhood of Elec. Workers
- Jane Kleeb Executive Director Bold Nebraska
- Alexander J. Pourbaix President TransCanada Corporation->Energy and Oil Pipelines
- Jeffrey Soth Assistant Director Intl Union of Operating Engineers->Legislative and Political Affairs
- Michael C. Burgess M.D. U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Katherine "Kathy" Anne Castor U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Eliot Engel U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Gene Green U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Edward J. Markey U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- David B. McKinley U.S. Representative [R] West Virginia
- Jerome C. Ringo Chief Business Officer BARD Holdings Inc.
- Bobby Rush U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- John M. Shimkus U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Lee Terry U.S. Representative [R] Nebraska
- Frederick "Fred" S. Upton U.S. Representative [R] Michigan
- Henry Waxman U.S. Representative [D] California
- Edward "Ed" Whitfield U.S. Representative [R] Kentucky
Newsmakers with Representative Henry Waxman
Henry Waxman (D-CA), a key player in passing the Affordable Health Care Act, talked about the Supreme Court’s…
Energy Efficiency in the U.S.
Witnesses testified about he origin and scope of the Department of Energy’s loan guarantee program, lessons…
Keystone Pipeline Issues
Witnesses testified at a hearing on the Keystone XL pipeline approval process and Representative Lee Terry’s…
Power Plant Regulations
Janet McCabe testified on the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed carbon emissions regulations for…