Canada-U.S. Oil Pipeline and Jobs
Heads of unions and organizations that advocate U.S. energy independence from foreign suppliers testified on the Canada-U.S. Keystone oil pipeline and its impact on jobs.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Barnett, David Member United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the U.S. and Canada
- Booker, Brent Construction Department Director LABORERS' INTERNATIONAL UNION
- Burton, Bruce International Representative International Brotherhood of Elec. Workers
- Kleeb, Jane Executive Director Bold Nebraska
- Pourbaix, Alexander J. President TransCanada Corporation->Energy and Oil Pipelines
- Soth, Jeffrey Assistant Director Intl Union of Operating Engineers->Legislative and Political Affairs
- Burgess, Michael C. M.D. U.S. Representative [R] Texas
- Castor, Katherine "Kathy" Anne U.S. Representative [D] Florida
- Engel, Eliot U.S. Representative [D] New York
- Green, Gene U.S. Representative [D] Texas
- Markey, Edward J. U.S. Representative [D] Massachusetts
- McKinley, David B. U.S. Representative [R] West Virginia
- Ringo, Jerome C. Chief Business Officer BARD Holdings Inc.
- Rush, Bobby U.S. Representative [D] Illinois
- Shimkus, John M. U.S. Representative [R] Illinois
- Terry, Lee U.S. Representative [R] Nebraska
- Upton, Frederick "Fred" S. U.S. Representative [R] Michigan
- Waxman, Henry U.S. Representative [D] California
- Whitfield, Edward "Ed" U.S. Representative [R] Kentucky
Newsmakers with Representative Henry Waxman
Henry Waxman (D-CA), a key player in passing the Affordable Health Care Act, talked about the Supreme Court’s…
Energy Efficiency in the U.S.
Witnesses testified about he origin and scope of the Department of Energy’s loan guarantee program, lessons…
Keystone Pipeline Issues
Witnesses testified at a hearing on the Keystone XL pipeline approval process and Representative Lee Terry’s…
Power Plant Regulations
Janet McCabe testified on the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed carbon emissions regulations for…