House Democratic Leadership on Payroll Tax Cut
House Democratic leaders called on House Republicans to immediately begin working with Democrats on a long-term agreement to extend the… read more
House Democratic leaders called on House Republicans to immediately begin working with Democrats on a long-term agreement to extend the payroll tax cut for 160 million Americans. The news conference followed a House pro forma session in which Speaker Pro Tempore Jeff Denham, under orders from Speaker Boehner, refused to allow Assistant Democratic Leader James E. Clyburn to speak on the floor and call for the payroll tax cut conference committee to get to work. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Xavier Becerra U.S. Representative [D] California
- James E. Clyburn U.S. Representative [D] South Carolina
- Donna F. Edwards U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- John B. Larson U.S. Representative [D] Connecticut
- Nancy Pelosi U.S. Representative [D] California
- Chris Van Hollen U.S. Representative [D] Maryland
- Henry Waxman U.S. Representative [D] California
The House of Representatives convened for the business of the day, one minute speeches, and special order speeches. The…
Conference Report on H.R. 3630 - Temporary Payroll Tax Cut Continuation Act of 2011 (Conference Report Rule, One Hour…
The House took up House Speaker John Boehner’s plan to lift the debt ceiling.
H.R. 8 - Job Protection and Recession Prevention Act of 2012 (Structured Rule) 1) H.R. 1905 - Iran Threat Reduction and…