Local and State Innovation
Panelists talked about the importance of developing local level economies.
This program was part of a Brookings Institution day-long discussion on U.S. economic growth through innovation.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Michael Greenstone Director Brookings Institution->Hamilton Project
- Glenn Hutchins Vice Chair Brookings Institution->Board of Directors
- Shirley Ann Jackson President Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Judith Rodin President Rockefeller Foundation
- Robert E. Rubin Secretary (Former) Department of the Treasury
More Videos From
Brookings Institution: Fostering Growth Through Innovation
- Advanced Industries and Exports
- Innovations in New Media and Digital Technology
- Manufacturing and American Jobs
- Local and State Innovation
U.S. Economy and Jobs
Following opening remarks, economist Alice Rivlin and business executives talked about the causes of the economic…
Science, Innovation, and the U.S. Economy
The Brookings Institution Hamilton Project continued its discussion of Science. Innovation, and the U.S.…
Green Energy and the Economy
Panelists focused on the state of the energy industry, efforts to employ more “green” technology, and…
Innovation, Information Technology and the Economy
A panel of telecommunications industry executives talked about the impact of innovation and technology on the U.S.…