Taxes on Mutual Fund Trading
Witnesses testified on rulings by the Internal Revenue Service allowing mutual funds to make investments in commodities through foreign subsidiaries.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Carper, Thomas "Tom" R. U.S. Senator [D] Delaware
- Coburn, Thomas "Tom" A. M.D. U.S. Senator [R] Oklahoma
- Levin, Carl U.S. Senator [D] Michigan
- McMahon, Emily S. Assistant Secretary (Acting) Department of the Treasury->Tax Policy
- Shulman, Douglas H. Commissioner Internal Revenue Service
2012 Tax Filing Season
Douglas Shulman testified on the 2012 tax return filing season, the IRS budget, and IRS operations in general.
U.S. Tax Code and the Internal Revenue Service
Doug Shulman talked about Internal Revenue Service (IRS) operations and the agency’s efforts to improve customer…
Protection of Tax Exempt Status
Internal Revenue Service officials spoke about tax law and religious institutions. They focused on protecting tax…
Markup of Targeted Tax Code Changes, Part 2
Committee members met to mark up legislation dealing with tax “extenders,” a number of short-term tax…