Book Discussion on Power, Inc.
David Rothkopf talked about his new book, which traces the changing relationship between public and private power and looks at the… read more
David Rothkopf talked about his new book, which traces the changing relationship between public and private power and looks at the implications of the rise of great private actors and the weakening of many states. He looked at the different forms of capitalism that have emerged over the years as a result. He was then joined in a panel discussion moderated by Ed Luce. The panelists responded to questions from members of the audience.
This book launch event at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace was co-hosted by Foreign Policy magazine. close
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Susan B. Glasser Editor in Chief Foreign Policy
- Robert D. Hormats Undersecretary Department of State->Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment
- Edward Luce Chief Columnist Financial Times->Washington, DC
- David J. Rothkopf Chief Executive Officer & Editor at Large Washington Post Company->FP Group
- Daniel Yergin Co-Founder and Chair IHS Cambridge Energy Research Associate
Book Discussion on Superclass
David Rothkopf talked about his book Superclass: The Global Power Elite and the World They Are Making. The book…
Book Discussion on National Insecurity
David Rothkopf talked about his book, National Insecurity: American Leadership in an Age of Fear, in which he discusses…
Book Discussion on Bad Samaritans
Professor Ha-Joon Chang talked about his book, Bad Samaritans:The Myth of Free Trade and the Secret History of…
Book Discussion on In Spite of the Gods
Edward Luce talked about his book, In Spite of the Gods: The Strange Rise of Modern India, published by…