Chronic Pain Treatment
Medical doctors testified on Americans suffering from chronic pain. They focused on preventative treatment and research into chronic pain, as well as myths about causes of chronic pain.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- William Maixner Director University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill->Center for Neurosensory Disorders
- Philip Pizzo M.D. Dean Stanford University->School of Medicine
- John Sarno Professor New York University Medical School->Clinical Rehabilitation
- Lawrence A. Tabak Principal Deputy Director National Institutes of Health
- Christin Veasley Executive Director National Vulvodynia Association
- Sheldon Whitehouse U.S. Senator [D] Rhode Island
Drs. Margaret Hamburg of the Food and Drug Administration and Francis Collins of the National Institutes of Health…
Improving Disease Treatment
Dr. Francis Collins was among the three witnesses who updated the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions…
Safety of Local Pharmacy Drugs
The committee heard testimony on the safety and quality of drugs compounded at the local pharmacy level to determine if…
Witnesses testified about adverse drug effects, and a General Accounting Office report on efforts to ensure the safety…