Cruise Ship Safety, Industry Representatives
Industry representatives testified on the Costa Concordia shipwreck off the coast of Italy. Among the topics they addressed were safety standards, the safety record of the cruise line industry, and lessons learned from the accident.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- Christine Duffy President and CEO Cruise Lines International Association
- Mazie Hirono U.S. Representative [D] Hawaii
- Evans Hoyt Captain Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Rick Larsen U.S. Representative [D] Washington
- Frank A. LoBiondo U.S. Representative [R] New Jersey
- Brian Schoeneman Director Seafarers International Union->Government Relations
- George Wright Senior Vice President Princess Cruises
More Videos From
House Transportation & Infrastructure Subcommittee: Cruise Ship SafetyMore Videos
Cruise Ship Safety, Survivors Panel
Survivors of the Costa Concordia shipwreck testified about their experience. They told committee members that the…
Cruise Ship Safety, Coast Guard Panel
Admiral Salerno testified on the Costa Concordia shipwreck and allegations that crew members told passengers to go back…
Food Safety and Federal Inspection Programs
Caroline Smith DeWaal talked about federal food safety programs and new proposals to overhaul the way the Food and Drug…
Chevrolet Volt Electric Vehicle Safety Issues, John German Testimony
John German testified on the safety of lithium ion batteries used the Chevrolet Volt electric car.