Prescription Drug Diversion and Abuse
Witnesses testified on measures taken by the federal government, the states, and the private sector to prevent leaks from the supply chain that allow prescription drugs to be diverted to illegal markets.
*The transcript for this program was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.
People in this video
- R. Gil Kerlikowske Director White House->Drug Control Policy Office
- Marsha Blackburn U.S. Representative [R] Tennessee
- Pam Bondi Attorney General Florida
- Mary Bono Mack U.S. Representative [R] California
- G.K. Butterfield U.S. Representative [D] North Carolina
- William "Bill" Cassidy M.D. U.S. Representative [R] Louisiana
- David Gaugh Vice President Generic Pharmaceutical Assn.
- John M. Gray President and CEO Healthcare Distribution Management Association
- Joseph Harmison Representative National Community Pharmacists Assn.
- Gregg Harper U.S. Representative [R] Mississippi
- Kendra Martello Attorney Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- David B. McKinley U.S. Representative [R] West Virginia
- Kevin Nicholson Vice President National Association of Chain Drugstores
- Joseph T. Rannazzisi Deputy Assistant Administrator Drug Enforcement Administration->Office of Diversion Control
- Clifford "Cliff" Stearns U.S. Representative [R] Florida
National Association of Attorneys General, Part 1
State and territorial attorneys general, their staff, federal officials, and corporate and association representatives…
Gil Kerlikowske Remarks on U.S. Drug Policy
Gil Kerlikowske outlined the Obama administration’s new drug control strategy. The strategy emphasizes…
Survey on Drug Use and Health
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA) released a report on current illicit drug users…
2012 Drug Abuse Survey
The National Institute of Drug Abuse released the results of its annual survey on drug use. The survey by the…