The Constitution and the Camps
Matthew Shimura’s video, The Constitution and the Camps: Due Process and the Japanese-American Internment, was the grand prize winner… read more
Matthew Shimura’s video, The Constitution and the Camps: Due Process and the Japanese-American Internment, was the grand prize winner in C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam documentary contest. He is a ninth grader at Punahou School in Honolulu.
The local cable company was Time Warner.
C-SPAN Classroom’s StudentCam video documentary contest was a national competition in which middle and high school students produced a documentary focusing on the significance of any provision of the U.S. Constitution. close
People in this video
- Matthew Shimura Contest Winner Punahou School (Honolulu, HI)
More Videos From
2012 StudentCam Documentaries
- Freedom of Speech - A Memory?
- In God We Trust?
- Death of Freedom?
- Right to Bear Arms
- A Religiously Diverse Nation
- Seventh Amendment
- Due Process in the Digital Age
- The Constitution and You
- Nineteenth Amendment, Women's Suffrage
- First Amendment Documentary
- Working Women, Inequality in the Nation
- The Power to Declare War
- Preparing to Become Responsible Voters
- Copyright Clause and Digital Media
- Great Debate
- Article 5
- Adventures of Superman
- Tenth Amendment
- Birmingham and the 1st Amendment
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered
- Votes for Women
- America Over Time
- Who Owns Free Speech?
- Intellectual Property
- The Constitution and the Camps
Matthew Shimura StudentCam Interview
Matthew Shimura was interviewed on April 25, 2012, about his video, The Constitution and the Camps: Due Process and the…
Simon Yeo StudentCam Interview
Simon Yeo and Tucker Hemphill’s were interviewed about their video, Due Process in the Digital Age. The film was…
Due Process and Internment Camps
Terumi Rafferty-Osaki talked about the Due Process Clause of the 5th Amendment and Japanese-American internment…
Ernest Hemingway as a World War II Spy
Military and intelligence historian Nicholas Reynolds talked about the services of World War I veteran and author…